- Leading not-for-profit organisation
- Generous salary packaging options available
- CA or CPA qualified accountant
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation of the Group’s financial accounts to Australian Accounting Standards, ANCP Regulations and ACFID Code of Conduct. This role will support the CFO in the day to day financial, risk management and governance functions.
Your key responsibility areas will include:
- Financial reporting
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of the annual corporate budget
- Consolidation of subsidiary company accounts
- Audit, compliance and risk
- Management of the investment fund and transactional banking functions
The successful applicant will have:
- CA or CPA qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Well developed, high level communication and negotiation skills
- Experience providing high quality customer/client focused service
- Proven ability to work independently and without supervision
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Experience in financial modelling and internal audit (preferable)
- Hands on experience working with different financial systems (preferable)
Benefit from ongoing support, a monthly accrued day off and attractive salary packaging working for this leading not-for-profit organisation. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Burnet Institute is committed to providing our people with a supportive working environment. We value diversity and gender equity at the institute and provide flexible working arrangements for our staff. Burnet is participating in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot of the Athena SWAN Charter in Australia.
To apply for this position, please complete the details below and attach the following documents:
- Statement addressing the selection criteria (as outlined above and in the attached position description)
- Resume including the names and contact details of three referees
Applications close 18th July at 11:59pm AEDT (GMT+11)
As part of our commitment to gender equity, we have included a question in the application process on gender. This will allow us to monitor and report on gender in relation to our recruitment process. This field is not compulsory.
Burnet is a child safe organisation. The successful applicant will be required to apply for a Working with Children check and/or criminal record check from the Australian Federal Police.