Data Manager (Parental Leave Cover)
- Leading not-for-profit
- Generous salary packaging options
- Parental leave cover position
- 0.8 - 1 FTE position
The Data Manager is responsible for providing research support to several Public Health projects within the institute. This position will support and facilitate research outcomes by developing, maintaining and improving the electronic data systems and processes within our research and data governance. The role requires the capability and extensive understanding of data management to advise and provide support to researchers, enabling clinical research data to be collected, managed and reported clearly, accurately and securely.
This position is a parental leave cover position for a 12 month period at between 0.8-1 FTE.
Refer to the attached position description for full details.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree in information systems, computing or science or other equivalent studies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to engage professionally with stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including being able to manage multiple activities simultaneously in support of various projects
- Capacity to work well under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to advise project teams and key stakeholders on data management and data reporting
- Experience with health related data
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in using STATA or other programming languages (R, Python)
- Experience with EDC tools, such as REDCap (preferable)
Benefit from ongoing support, a monthly accrued day off (for full time staff) and attractive salary packaging working for this leading not-for-profit organisation. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Burnet Institute is committed to providing our people with a supportive working environment. We value diversity and gender equity at the institute and provide flexible working arrangements for our staff. Burnet is participating in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot of the Athena SWAN Charter in Australia.
To apply for this position, please complete the details below and attach the following documents:
- Statement addressing the selection criteria (as outlined above and in the attached position description)
- Resume including the names and contact details of three referees
Applications close Sunday 22nd September 2019 at 11:59pm AEST
Burnet is a child safe organisation. The successful applicant will be required to apply for a Working with Children check and/or National Police Check.